I don’t know when I’ve been so happy to part with $210.
I saw Amy’s staff across the street working on some projects for a neighboring house. She had been a foreman for Habitat for Humanity. I have a running list of projects that I know will take me a little while. I approached them and asked about a few different projects. They came over and checked them out then came back and started tackling my list. Here’s what I got for $210:
- Installed a new light fixture. The house was built in 1911, and I swear, the fixture was original. So it was a little tricky.
- Went to Lowe’s (combined my trip with another, I think). They got a new fan for the upstairs bathroom, but ended up somehow fixing it without having to use the new one they bought (so they’ll return the one to Lowe’s. Bonus! I hate returns).
- Fixed an outlet.
- Figured out how to fix my prehistoric downstairs bathroom fan, and told me where to go to get a certain part (and offered that they could do it if I wanted…tempting).
- Installed the ironing board/iron holder in an area I thought was only drywall.
- Installed a shelf.
- Mounted a mirror.
- Helped me install a door lock.
I also got an estimate for another few future projects, and absolutely no pressure. Amy’s staff worked very hard and fast. They are knowledgeable, capable, friendly, and candid. We will for sure use AmyWorks again.